Tuesday, September 27, 2011

News and signings

I always love getting good news and a couple of weeks ago my editor gave me the news I was waiting for, the news I was hoping for. The manuscript I had submitted has been accepted. Royal Secrets, a spin-off of Royal Target, is expected to come out in February, 2012. Yeah!

I know a lot of people wanted me to write a true sequel to Royal Target, and I did try. But then there were these two other characters, Prince Stefano and Alora DeSanto. They're very interesting characters, both in the way they developed as well as the way they hijacked the story. I had planned on them being minor characters, maybe part of a fun subplot. They had other ideas. So needless to say, this story isn't quite what I had planned, which only proves that I shouldn't try to plan what I'm writing. It never turns out the way I expect anyway.

My other news is that I'm heading to Utah in a couple of days and will be doing three book signings while I'm there. For anyone who is local to them, I'd love to see you. Here are the details:

Friday, September 30: 1pm - 3pm at Seagull Books, 1720 S. Redwood Road, Salt Lake City, Utah
Saturday, October 1: 12pm - 2pm at Seagull Books, 1625 W. 9000 S., West Jordan, Utah
Saturday, October 1: 6pm - 8pm at Deseret Book (Ladies Night), 989 S. University Ave., Provo, Utah

4 comments:

Lynette Rounds said...

I AM SOOOO COMING ON FRIDAY!!! and i have a few books i have of yours that i didn't get signed last time cuz i didn't have them or they werent written yet :) i am so excited!

Traci Hunter Abramson said...

Great! I look forward to seeing you!

Cassandra said...

I don't think royal target could have a better ending. I can't wait to see what happens with prince stefano. It is sure to be another wonderful book. Wish I could be in Utah.

Anonymous said...

Loved the book. I woul love to see more about the royal family. Thank you for your writings.