Saturday, October 6, 2007

New Ideas

As I finish up editing another manuscript, I am looking forward with anticipation to starting another novel. My mind reels with ideas, plot lines, and characters who want to be born. The possibilities are endless of where the story will take place and where the characters are going to be from. Occasionally I find myself making notes of these ideas as they pop into my mind so that I can dig them out on another day.

When I first started writing I worried that I would run out of ideas. I had a few basic plot lines I thought I could develop, but I was convinced that as soon as I used those up that my writing career would be over. Thankfully, that doesn't appear to be the case. The more I interact with others, the more I see on the news, the more I watch my friends and family, the more stories I have that need to be written. I can't wait!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's amazing how the plot lines just keep pouring in, isn't it?

Traci, I dropped by to tell you about a contest I'm running on my blog:

There are 23 days left and counting, ladies . . . if you have the most wonderful husband in the world, you need to nominated him!

I know there are other wonderful husbands out there. Until midnight November 30, 2007 I will be taking nominations via this email address ces@candacesalima.com. The six finalists will be posted, please send a picture with the nomination, on December 1, 2007 when voting will commence and the winner will be chosen by you. Sadly, because it would just be skewed, my husband cannot win although I think he'd be a shoe in. On December 15, 2007 the winner will be announced.

We have some great husbands already nominated, but I know there are more out there. So start nominating! Tell me about your husband and why you think he is the Best Husband in the World! That would be world . . . ladies, no geographic boundaries.