Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Freefall is out...I think.

Aside from the thrill of getting a call from an editor saying that a novel is being accepted for publication, the best part of being an author is receiving fan mail. Finding out that someone enjoyed one of my books as much as I did always gives me a boost and definitely makes up for the long weeks and months of writing and editing that take place to create a novel.

The thing that has struck me this week is the fact that I am beginning to get e-mails about my newest book, Freefall, and I have yet to even see a copy of it. This isn't a new occurance, but I find humor in the situation just the same. One would think that the author would be one of the first people to see a new publication, but that simply isn't the case in my genre. The books ship out to the stores to get them on the shelves about a week before my author copies are sent to me. The fact that I live on the opposite side of the country from my publisher adds to the number of days I have to wait to see my latest creation.

So now I play the waiting game, each afternoon hoping that the UPS truck will drive down my street and deliver the package that I am waiting for. In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed that people in the West are reading my book and enjoying what I've written as much as I enjoyed writing it.

3 comments:

Stephanie Humphreys said...

I just finished The Deep End and loved it. I'm excited to hear you have a new one coming out. I can't wait to read it.

Tara R. said...

I guess I will be going to the bookstore this weekend... got to find out what happens next.

Unknown said...

good morning awesome trace,

i can't wait to get my hands on your new book, for there are very few authors who keep my attention. but you got mine loud and clear when you hooked me with your "ripples effects." i am forever a fan of yours now.

but not just a fan doll. thank you for being a friend these last few months trace. you are simply a delight. HI LUKE! hee hee.

don't forget ... you rock!

great day to awesome you. take care darlin, kathleeny :)